David and Jelena are coming to Amsterdam!
Don’t miss out on this wonderful chance to practice together in-person, and elevate your ashtanga yoga practice.
WHAT'S IN STORE
Join us in these five days of Ashtanga Immersion and practice together.
In 2022, after years of not traveling, doing online classes and trainings David and Jelena came to Tula to deliver their 5-day Ashtanga Yoga Immersion. And, we loved it!! That is why we’re super excited to welcome David and Jelena at Tula for their Ashtanga Yoga Immersion again in 2023. It’s an honour to host two of the worlds’ most recognized yoga teachers and being able to practice with them.
The Immersion is held over five days and contains Ashtanga Mysore practice, workshops, Q&A’s and pranayama & meditation sessions.
Expect a week of true empowerment, physically and mentally, in an inspiring, fun and sweaty way.
Wednesday, April 20
- Philosophy and Practice of Vinyasa – David and Jelena will provide an overview of the goal of Ashtanga and provide in-depth teaching on the vinyasa technique in practice.
Thursday, April 21
- Pranayama & Meditation – David will begin the session by leading you through some gentle pranayama, seated breathing exercises. Jelena will then guide you through a seated Mindfulness Meditation practice.
- Alignment & Adjustments – Take a more detailed look at the alignment, adjustments, and basic anatomy of key poses in the Primary Series. As a student or a teacher, you will develop a better understanding of what to observe in your own or others’ body during practice and energetically experience the state of the asana
Friday, April 22
- Intro to Intermediate – Ashtanga’s Second Series of postures is designed to cleanse and charge our nervous system. This workshop will provide an accessible introduction to some of the deeper backbends, hip-openers and arm-balances that make the Intermediate Series such a transformative practice. All practitioners are invited to attend.
Saturday, April 23
- Led Primary – Using the traditional Sanskrit count and focusing on the rhythm of the breath, David and Jelena will lead us through the entire Primary Series, with lots of helpful cues along the way.
- Pranayama & Meditation
- Lift offs and Landings – This session offers detailed techniques, alignment and energetic principles that take us towards graceful, weightless transitions between postures in the practice.
Sunday, April 24
- Q&A – Do you want to learn more about what it takes to become an Ashtanga Yoga teacher, the whole Mysore experience, yogi diet and other habits, and when that headstand will happen? This is a unique opportunity to do so! Enjoy this casual moment of discussion and take in the teachings!
- Primary Series Safety Stops – When learning the Ashtanga sequence, there are certain postures that must be completed before progressing on to the next pose. These poses are often referred to as “Gatekeepers”, but we like to call them Safety Stops, and they are an important part of the traditional sequencing and development in one’s asana practice. This workshop will take a detailed look at some of Safety Stops in the Primary Series, and offer guidance and tips on how to intelligently work towards the full expression of these asanas.
THIS PROGRAM IS RIGHT FOR YOU!
This immersion is available for all yoga practitioners. However, to get the most out of it we advise having a steady practice for a few months already.
Nevertheless, you can also book the, classes, workshops, or pranayama & meditation sessions separately if there are specific sessions you’re interested in. This option will open later than the package sales and can be bought as long as we have availability.
I felt completely immerged in my yoga practice.
The kindness and wisdom of David Robson is so inspiring, and the devotion,
strength and open heart of Jelena Vesić empowers me and other women.”
David is a practitioner and teacher of Ashtanga Yoga, in the tradition of Sharath Yoga Centre (SYC). David is the director of the Ashtanga Yoga Centre of Toronto, where he leads one of the world’s largest Mysore programs outside of India.
David began a daily practice in 1998 while at university studying Comparative Religion. After graduating, David made his first trip to Mysore, India in 2002, where he initiated studies with his teacher Sharath Jois. Since then he has returned to Mysore annually to deepen and enrich his practice and teaching.
In 2007, David was Authorized to teach Ashtanga and now holds a level 2 authorization.
David has become well-known on social media for his educational and entertaining yes/no tutorials. Through these videos he’s become one of the most recognized and respected Ashtanga Yoga teachers worldwide.
David teaches the morning mysore program at Ashtanga Toronto, and leads workshops and retreats around the world with his wife Jelena.
After four years of doing her PhD (Political Science, York University, Toronto), Jelena decided to walk away and dedicate herself to teaching Ashtanga Yoga full time. She’s been teaching since 2014, and is now leading the evening Mysore program at AYCT. Alongside her husband, David Robson, Jelena teaches workshops and retreats in Toronto and around the world.
Jelena first came to yoga through dance. As a former ballet dancer of 16 years, the structure and rigour of the Ashtanga Yoga practice felt like home. Drawn to the discipline, mindfulness of the movement and emphasis on the breath, Jelena made the Ashtanga practice her sole focus in 2009.
Jelena has maintained a daily Ashtanga practice for over a decade. She’s made two trips to Mysore, India to study with her teacher, Sharath Jois. In addition, Jelena also considers herself to be a student of Jack Kornfield, a Buddhist teacher and clinical psychologist. She’s completed his and Tara Brach’s “The Power of Awareness” course, and is now enrolled in their two-year Mindfulness Meditation Teacher Certification Program.
Lastly, Jelena’s true passion lies in promoting rescue and adoption of (street) dogs. You can often find her sharing her love for #adoptdontshop on her IG, and sharing the joys of living with her two fur-babies, Boksoon and Khani, both celebrities in their own right.
Frequently asked questions
We strongly encourage you to sign up for the whole Program. Individual workshops, sessions and drop-ins, will be only sold according to availability at a later date.
You are responsible for finding your own accommodation.
There are plenty of Airbnbs or hotels near the studio. After signing up you will receive a practical information document from us with tips for hotels, transportation etc.
We recommend to bring your own Yoga mat. You can store this in the studio if you want. We also suggest to bring a bottle of water (no glass), practice towel and a notebook. Furthermore, breakfast and lunch are not included.
This immersion is available for all yoga practitioners. However, to get the most out of it we advise having a steady practice of at least three times a week since 6 months.
Payments can be done by clicking on the package of your choice on this page. That will prompt you to our reservation system and payment provider. We except pretty much all cards and digital payment options.
Some of the pricing options or sold out, or not yet on sale.
If you wish to get on a notification list for when a spot opens up, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We might add extra spots.
The yogi’s on the notification list will get a heads up about this first..
If you have any questions about the Ashtanga Immersion please contact us via email at email@example.com
You will be in direct contact with Tina Rumenoviç. Tula’s Ashtanga Mysore lead teacher and organiser of this wonderful event.
Bos en Lommerplein 175