Yoga Beginners Training
This course will give you a strong foundation to start your yoga practice and if you have already started but you are interested in going deeper, this course will give you a better understanding of asana (physical practice), pranayama (breathing techniques) and the essence of yoga philosophy.
This course will be held over two weekends (Saturday&Sunday) and it is designed in such a way that each day will build up towards the next one progressively so the foundations are clear by the end of it.
Each day will start with asana practice, offering you basic personal guidance, continue with simple but efficient pranayama and meditation techniques and finish with a discussion about yoga philosophy and the balance with our daily life.
Themes we will cover in this workshop are:
- Introduction to what is yoga and the 8 limbs of yoga.
- Discussion about different styles of yoga and their benefits.
- Asana lab: Basic personal alignment of different categories of poses such as standing poses, backbends, forward bends, twists and sun salutations.
- How to adapt yoga asana to our bodies: we will offer modifications that you can use in class and will help you build up strength and flexibility step by step.
- Build up core awareness.
- Basic breathing and meditation technics that you can take with you off the mat.
- Discussion of yoga philosophy: practice and detachment and how we can take yoga principles to our daily life.
January 2019 (dates tbc)
13.30 – 15.30 hrs
Early Bird: €85,- | before 1 August 2019